Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Company You Keep

The older I get, the more I realize that everything is connected somehow. This could be good or bad, therefore bringing negative or positive results in your life.

All things God will work out for your good, like people quote all the time, but few quote the whole verse...which is "..for those who love God and are called according to His Purpose." This involves a simple thing: choice.

In His Sovereignty, He gives us the ability to choose details of our lives. "All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial." Which is which, is up to you.

I've taken inventory over the people in my life...the people I call "friends", and that I spend precious, non-refundable time with. Like the signature scene in a Spike Lee movie, everything slows down and I am somehow floating, my world passing me by. When you stop and take a look around you, everything seems to be put into perspective. There is a handful of people with whom I look at and think, "It is not benefiting me to spend so much of my time with you."

Now, I am not a selfish person, and I realize that God will bring people into my life that need me for a season, more than I necessarily need them, but there are some people who stay past their season. And because of that, they are floating around me with absolutely no purpose. Not only are they wasting their own time, but mine as well. Granted, they do not see it this way, and they, to no avail, battle for my time.

Should I tell these people to get lost?

Definitely not.

I can only pray that God will show them to an exit.

I suggest you all do the same...Let's get on with it. Time wasted is time lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment