Thursday, January 13, 2011

When You Believe (My Go-To Inspirational Playlist)

It's funny how a single song...3:34 minutes of music...can change your whole perspective of a situation. That's the beautiful thing about music: it can mold, as well as express, a mindset. Most of the time, this is a negative thing, but I like to think that music was meant to inspire.


Inspire well-being, peace, and determination.

Granted, I do get in those moods where I only want to listen to Coldplay, James Blunt, and Sam Cooke. My deep melancholy is expressed in the music playlist of my choice. As it is when I'm in a romantic, praise-oriented, or thuggish mood. So, I figured I'd share my all-time favorite inspirational tracks. God knows with the cold, frigid weather we could all use a little warmth.

1. When You Believe - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston (Prince of Egypt Soundtrack)
2. World's Greatest - R.Kelly (Ali Soundtrack)
3. I Believe - Yolanda Adams (Honey Soundtrack)

4. Hero - Nas (The N Word Album)
5. I Believe I Can Fly - (Yep) R Kelly (Space Jam Soundtrack)
6. Declaration (This Is It) - Kirk Franklin (The Fight of My Life Album)
7. Stand Out - Powerline/AKA: Tevin Campbell (A Goofy Movie Soundtrack)
8. Not Afraid - Eminem (Recovery Album)
9. Tightrope - Janelle Monae (The ArchAndroid Album)
10. In the Light - DC Talk (Jesus Freak Album)
11. Warm It Up (With Love) - Brandy (Human Album)
12. Black or White - Michael Jackson (Dangerous Album)
13. Lovely Day - Bill Withers (The Very Best of Bill Withers Album)
14. Dare You To Move - Switchfoot (The Beautiful Letdown Album/A Walk to Remember Soundtrack)
15. It's My Life - Bon Jovi (Crush Album)
16. Good Life - OneRepublic (Waking Up Album)
17. I Believe - Fantasia (Self-Titled Album)
18. River Deep, Mountain High - Celine Dion (c/o Tina Turner) (Let's Talk About Love Album)

19. Optimistic - The Sounds of Blackness

Honorable Mention: Whip My Hair - Willow Smith
 Did I miss any?

1 comment:

  1. you forgot "Top Of The World" by TI and Ludacris and BOB.

    ReplyDelete