For those of you who were wondering, take these into consideration.
And for those of you who know already, reflect and laugh.
..in no particular order...
1. Your actions are so loud that I cannot hear what you say. It doesn't matter how much you tell me you care, or how awesome a person I am, I pay the most attention to your actions.
..O. And I pay VERY close attention. To basically everything. Especially little things. Now, that can either be in your favor, or set you back a little. That means I appreciate small doses of affection. (ie: a note slipped in my purse, unexpected act of service, asking my opinion on something personal)
2. I do not trust easily...and might slip into a relapse every now and then if I feel threatened. This is a battle I fight daily since childhood, so you will have to either be patient or I will be extremely annoying. I am not the jealous type, but I have a sixth sense for detecting dishonesty. So, I am really light-hearted until you give me a reason not to be. If you still connect with your recent exes on a regular basis....I have a problem with that. If you have more female friends than male friends...I have a problem with that. If you used to be a dog or even a habitual flirt...DEAL WITH THAT before you want to get serious with me. I have no problem aborting a relationship if I don't trust you with my emotions and time. I promise you will never have any opportunities to second guess my faithfulness.
3. I am very sensual. Mind you, I did NOT say sexual. Personal/spiritual choices I make daily causes me to emphasize other forms of connection. Physical closeness is the most basic, elementary form of intimacy; thereby it being the most trivial and OVERemphasized. I demand intimacy. I require it. You need to give me something to distinct and seperate you from my male friends. If you are my man, you must love deep. Because I love deep.
4. I am very intelligent. (ha) I did NOT say smart. I don't require high SAT scores and GPAs. Realize that intelligence and simply being "smart" are two different things. I need 'mind sex'. Conversation is crucial. I love to talk, discuss, debate, and even argue. If you can't keep up...then we have a problem.
5. My tall stature (6 feet) does not reflect my personality at all. I am not dominating, or loud, or bold, or demanding. I have been called a gentle giant. I am a leader in some circles, but in the relationship I need a strong man. I respect the roles men are needed to play and I will support you, if I feel you believe in yourself, as a man. I am very capable of picking out the restaurant, but its nice to hear YOUR choice sometimes.
6. I am a great listener, not just a great talker. I love it when my man confides in me. It shows trust. That's a good way to build trust, I think. A man will love a woman that he can trust with his heart.
7. I need respect. No...I deserve it. If you clown a part of my lifestyle or my personality, then I feel disrespected. (If I know you're joking ...that's one thing.) And I will retaliate. Trust me, I am not a happy person when I feel threatened or disrespected. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, right?
8. I like being right. Don't argue with me unless you have a good arguement. I hate having conversations with people who cannot convey their point clearly. Cavemen need not apply.
9. I am sensitive. I will cry in front of you.
10. I am a handful. I may get too emotional, moody, and analytical. You need to be able to handle me. I can be manipulative, so be discerning.
11. Most importantly I think out of this list. I am a born again, Bible branded, Unashamed believer of Jesus Christ. If you aren't accepting of this...don't bother attempting to get to know me, because this is the best part of me. If you cultivate this area, as I am cultivating yours, then all is well.
...this isn't all. But all you can handle at the moment. Gotta leave a little mystery...