Monday, December 29, 2008

2 Wrongs Don't Make a Mr. Right...

I am only 23 years old.

On top of being very young, I am not amongst the fleet of females who are in a desperate dash towards the alter. There are things I want to do & places I want to go before I become someone's wife. In this microwave-em society, I appreciate the art of taking things slowly...But personally, the underlying issue isn't about continuing to "look for" Mr. Right, because I thought I had solved that mystery.

He, is 21.
And unsure if I am "The One".

There lies the dilemma...because I am not so sure anymore, either.
He is my best friend and there is no one else on this planet that I would rather spend my time with than him. I haven't had this much fun in my life; the present is so bright. But, I can't keep shutting out the future & what this all means...
I think of the stress we've endured lately, and I wonder if it's a sign.

What are we working towards?
A lesson learned at the end of the day? A good story?
He doesn't know...never did.
...and I used to be so sure. From the very first day. I knew.
But, something else is speaking to me...
...and I have decided to listen.

Because I love him...more than I love my own happiness.

2 comments:

  1. this is very insightful.

    and you're right. you are young.

    but i'm a firm believer that what is meant to be will be, so don't sweat it.

    love your blog lady.

    happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. because i love him...more than my own happiness

    ummm....i was once here. i was in this place for five years. his happiness was my happiness...not good. don't loose sight of self in this.


    like your spot.


    ~A~

    ReplyDelete