So. I got this list of questions from a friend who it got it from a friend...so I wouldn't dare claim authorship. Here we go...Happy Holidays folks. God bless.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I got the Keys to the Campus..as a Resident Assistant for a dormitory floor. Which opened the door to a whole bunch of great fun/randomness. Before that...I was an Office Girl at a Inner-city kids camp (traveling further west than I ever had).
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I remember resolving to be braver. And though its been a fight...I have been. Next year...I'm kicking it up a notch.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep. Friends @ home.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
::Kicks a pepple:: None, regretably.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A degree and an apartment (possibly).
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My last night off while at Kamp. It was the night I realized that my man truly has my back. Oh and September 13th...the day my baby took me to celebrate my birthday. That was one of the best dates I've ever had.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surving RA responsibilites, maintaning an A/B grade average with 18 credit hours, having an active social life, and taking care of my man ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking enough time for myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've had many, many headaches. But I havent' been seriously sick all year. Thank God.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My freshman girls living on the hall...they went through a lot and did so well.
And my baby, Nick. He took some major ego shots this year and maintained his kind heart.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mmm. My school peers throughout the election.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food. And my laptop.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling so much & having the money to do it. I went to New Jersey, New York, and Missouri.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Get Up" by Mary Mary
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? happier...definitely.
- ii. thinner or fatter? thinner.
- iii. richer or poorer? shoot...richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
smiling and letting go.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
over and over again...but with the same person. And deeper.
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, Seinfeld, and Family Guy still has the top spots (Thanks Hulu.com)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
The Devil is STILL a stupid liar...
24. What was the best book you read?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. That book changed my life.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I got into Folk/Pop more this year....Ingrid Michaelson, KT Tunstall, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat.
Two words: Michael Buble.
And the return of my girl, Brandy. That album is underrated to me.
26. What did you want and get?
Love, lessons, and friends.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
Kung-Fu Panda, Seven Pounds, Dark Knight
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
At midnight my hall stormed into my room (at once) and sprayed me with silly string. They sang to me and gave me a crown that had lights on the front. Then we had cake while I did curfew checks...lol. Later on that day, I went to class, got a surprise in class from my baby, but had a miny breakdown because he couldn't hang out. :0) Happy 23 to me!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money in my pocket to do more.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Soft-core Bohemian mixed with a bit of Preppy.
32. What kept you sane?
My Bible, music, my RA partner/roommate, and my baby
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still in the running...Will Smith.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Faith's place in legislation.
35. Whom did you miss?
My circle of friends from back home and my baby.
36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
People @ KAA & the entire dorm of 28-2.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
"Anything worth having is worth fighting for."
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
And everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night,
Every change, life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
I'm grateful, for every scar,
Some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were lessons learned."
You'll never guess who this is from.....
....yep. Carrie Underwood. :0)