1. Forgive, and as quickly as possible.
[I know the size of the hurt can depend on the timing, but I've realized that pain & offense are two different things. Getting your ego bruised and taking a shot to the heart aren't the same. And while healing is needed for pain, an offense needs only to be released.]
2. Practice wisdom with honesty.
[The "honesty" trait is not an excuse to be rude. Hurting someone's feelings should be a risk only when speaking of things that matter (I.e. infedility).]
3. Be real, with yourself first.
[This is harder than it sounds. But it is a prerequisite for being real with others. The more you accept and love yourself, the more likely you are to be transparent and open to others.]
4. Reserve something for yourself.
[This is a struggle for me, because I love to share what I write and give my gifts to bless others. However, it is healthy to have some things (I.e. hobbies) that are for you. Just you.]
5. Practice saying, "I don't know.".
[The more we allow ourselves NOT to know, the better we are, the smaller we feel, and the bigger the size of our dreams and pursuits.]
6. Be Content.
[Why else did those bankers jump off of buildings during the Great Depression of the late 1920's and 30's?]
7. Watch cartoons, regularly.
8. Read books and write hand-written letters.
9. Remember that Love has a definite Source.
[This eliminates worry, desperation, and lonliness in those Valley moments..]
10. Get closure where needed & let go of emotional baggage.